Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Letter To You........

Dear SIMSR

Before I really begin to write this one, I find it funny that I am writing a letter but not to a person and that this letter can never be read by you. Yet, I want to write this letter.

To begin with, I want to tell you that I am leaving you. Yes, its true. In another 20 days I will be gone from this campus of yours. Only yesterday was I telling my friend that in the next 20 days there will be the "last few days" for so many things. I have to admit it that there is an intangible bond with you. The last 2 years that I have spent with you have not only been splendid but a great learning experience as well. I have learnt a lot from you. So many of us come and go and yet you stay where you are. You are selfless and always provide the warmth. I will miss walking on your roads when I felt alone and jumping and running around when I felt happy.

I cannot forget the first day when I met you. You seemed like a stranger, a complete one at that. I missed so many people when I came here and how can I forget the rains when I met you. You were flooded. Then I got used to you being there. I met some great people here and I owe you everything for that. I met the bad ones too but then I owe you again for those as well because they taught me what not to do in life.

Technically speaking, you have taught me the art to manage various things and those things include people. I do not really know how much I have managed to learn on that front but I know that I can do a reasonable job out of it. You have made me experience everything here, literally. The moments of joy when I did well in the exams and presentations, when I freaked out with my friends and all those times when I managed to deliver what I was supposed to. There were moments of anxiety during the preparations for the exams as well and yes you also introduced me to some very "great" profs here as well. Profs who made us slog like hell. There were moments of sadness in my personal life which did not last long only because of some great people I met here.

This feeling of leaving you keeps creeping in slowly everyday.It makes me sad and yet it makes me happy. Sad because this is the last phase of my tryst with campus life and happy because you have made me more confident a person. You have also taught me to remain grounded come what may. I want to be as selfless as you and somehow funnily a marketing job may not always permit me to do so.Yet i will try.


Thank you for everything SIMSR. You are the best.


From one of the many students who have experienced life:

Vikram